Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Daughter the Whore

I'M THE 14-YEAR-OLD WHO WROTE THE "JESUS ISN'T A DICK SO KEEP HIM OUT OF MY VAGINA" SIGN IN TEXAS AND WAS LABELED A "WHORE" BY STRANGERS ONLINE

"My dad came to my defense online, but for the first time I am outing myself publicly. I'm 14. Please stop calling me a whore."

That's my daughter. I am proud. And that's my state. Not so proud.

The Texas Legislature passed that ridiculous abortion bill into law and there are more on the way everywhere in the United States and the world.

We all have to stand up and fight for women's freedoms. We have to get our voices heard. If nothing else comes of this particular news blip of Tuesday's sign, at least people will know that there was a fight in Texas. And that we lost. For now.

Too many of these bills are being passed into law with no one even knowing they're on the docket. We were lucky in Texas, because someone was watching. Ohio didn't have a chance.

Believe me, it is going to get a whole lot worse if the people do not start getting educated about these bills and talking to their representatives. This 20 week fetal pain issue is being passed around like it's a fact, when it is anything but.

And "the people" believe it. They don't do the extra brain work and research for themselves. I was at the Capitol when a neurologist went into minute detail for the legislators on how it was not accurate. They didn't even know what to ask the neurologist. My wife was actually in the room and saw how glazed over their eyes were! And if they aren't listening, what makes anyone else think that "regular folk" are listening to the facts?

Soon, you'll hear that an overwhelming majority of people support the No Fetal Pain Bill in a city near you. Then it'll be the No Fetal Heartbeat Bill. Then it'll be the No Zygote Danger Bill.

I may sound like a crazy person, but I've been alive long enough to know that this is how things work in the bigger picture. I will never believe that women should be cattle or that they should be forced to take every pregnancy to term. Ever.

Those who do not study history... can't finish this sentence.

These aren't even partisan decisions. It's all over the place. And when did abortion rights become the dividing line of the parties? What planet are we living on? I'm pretty torn up about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment